County of Dimmit Housing Rehabilitation Program

The County of Dimmit recently received a $500,000 grant from the Texas Department of Rural Affairs (TDRA) to rehabilitate and/or reconstruct an estimated nine houses belonging to low and moderate income homeowners persons living in the colonias of Espantosa, Carrizo Hills, Catarina and Brundage.  These homes are eligible for roofing, foundation, structural, plumbing, electrical and other repairs or, in some cases, can be completely removed and replaced with new homes.

Applications will be available beginning January 31, 2011.  Please contact the Office of Grants and Planning for more information or instructions at 830-876-4230.  Application forms will be available for pick up at:

Office of Grants and Planning, County Courthouse Annex at 303 S. 5th Street, Carrizo Springs, TX, 78834 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and again from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..  Please return completed applications to the same location.

1.   Be prepared to show provide proof of identification.  Please have a copy of the following documents, for all family members over 18 years of age when you submit your application:

TX Driver’s license or TX picture ID card

2.   Proof of residency for the past year must accompany this form.  Please have a copy of one or more of the following documents or have available for copying when you turn in this initial form:

Voter’s Registration, Utility Bills

3. Verification of income on all residing family members over the age of eighteen must be made available for this application.  This includes income from wages, salaries, social security, disability, checking & savings accounts, other properties in your name, child support paid to you, benefits, pensions and any public assistance provided to you.   You will need to show proof of these items with copies of check stubs, bank statements; letters from the Social Security Administration and so on when you submit your application.

4. Finally you must show proof of ownership of the property in the form of a copy of your warranty deed or some other document of ownership that has been filed with the county.  You must submit this documentation when you submit your application.  Failure to submit all of the required documentation will result in the delay of reviewing the application.  Applications can not be reviewed until all of the required documentation has been submitted.